This beautiful farm-to-bagel recipe was developed by Chef Justin Beckett, a favorite local chef who champions local foods and never ceases to amaze us at his two Phoenix restaurants, Beckett's Table and Southern Rail.
1 lb cream cheese
¾ C mayonnaise
4 C shredded yellow cheese
5 large red bell peppers
2 bunches of green onions
3 Tbsp powdered garlic
3 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp Cajun spice
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp hot sauce
2 tsp kosher salt
½ C radishes
½ C baby carrots
½ C micro pea tendrils
1. Roast or grill the red peppers until they are charred on all sides but not burnt.
2. Place them in an airtight container to "sweat" and cool so they become easier to peel.
3. Peel and de-seed the peppers (you can also purchase pre-roasted bell peppers at your favorite grocer).
4. Medium dice the peppers and place them in a strainer to let the excess juice drain off. Note: Adding in too much bell pepper juice will cause the cheese to turn a pink color.
5. Small dice the jalapeños (remove the seed and stem) and set aside.
6. Whip the cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment till smooth.
7. Add in the mayonnaise and mix until combined, making sure to scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
8. Add in the garlic powder, green onion, vinegar, cayenne pepper, hot sauce and salt. Mix until fully combined.
9. Remove the bowl from the mixer and add in the shredded cheese, bell peppers and jalapeños. Mix by hand just until combined. Do not over-mix.
10. Spread pimento cheese evenly on to toasted bagels.
11. Top with radishes, baby carrots, and micro pea tendrils.